Welcome to The Newkirk Guest House and Quilters Retreat
Originally built in 1850, our pre-civil war era home has been thoughtfully refurbished to provide you with a lovely location for sewing or crafting get-away with family and friends. Four original fireplaces, stunning woodwork and original hardwood floors provide an abundance of peaceful charm to your event. Enjoy the whole house for your next Quilt Away!
- The Newkirk Guest House comfortably sleeps 8 in comfy twin beds among 3 beautiful bedrooms
- The home's unique grand living rooms provide ample space for the sewing/crafting area and dedicated cutting & ironing spaces
- A full kitchen is available for your use including a gas stove & oven, microwave, full refrigerator & freezer & Keurig® Coffee maker
- Relax in the home's delightful upstairs Parlor to read, play board games or watch a movie
Conveniently located just off the historic square in downtown Newark, Ohio, the Newkirk Guest House Quilt Retreat is an easy trip for travelers around Central Ohio and the Mid West.
Sewing & Crafting accommodations include:
- Plenty of space at tables & chairs for up to 8 guests
- Individual Ott® brand lights for each guest to ensure you can sew & craft the night away!
- A Crazy Huge cutting table (please bring your own mats, rulers and cutting tools)
- Two over-sized ironing stations (please bring your own iron)
- Our own 'Take a Piece/Leave a Piece' stash closet
We rent the Full Guest House by the night, with the ability to accommodate up to 8 guests.
During your stay you will enjoy
- 8 pillowtop, twin beds
- Two shiny, newly remodeled full bathrooms and one new cute half bath
- Fully furnished kitchen including gas stove & oven, microwave and full sized refrigerator
- Upstairs parlor to lounge, chat, read and relax
- Breakfast is provided each day of your stay including yogurt, fresh fruit of the season, granola, bagels & muffins.
- Hot coffee, tea and bottled water provided for your stay.
- Free Wi Fi
- Central Air Conditioning